In our next Race Curious event, we’re taking a closer look at one of Santa Cruz’s most beloved cross-country (XC) races: The Old Cabin Classic.
If you've never tried mountain bike racing, if you’ve thought of doing this race but weren't ready to try or even if you've raced it before but want to do better next time, this Race Curious event is for you!
Using the Old Cabin race route, we will:
- Field general questions on racing
- Discuss and test out different line options
- Discuss and practice tricky sections
- Learn how to prepare for and work towards a race
- Cover important tips on nutrition and pre-race routines
- Practice XC race-specific skills like mass starts, pacing, passing and strategy
You can look forward to a great morning of bonding, sharing and confidence-building with other Race Curious women just like yourself! To ensure that everyone gets enough attention and practice time, we're capping the participant number to 10 ladies.
Date: 23 July, Sunday
Time: 10am to 1pm
Location: We’ll meet near the public restrooms in Wilder Ranch State Park. Parking Lot
Parking: $10 per entry, or you could choose to park along Cabrillo Highway just before the turn into Wilder Ranch
If you’ve any questions, contact Sarah Jordan.
See you soon!
Girls Rock Race Curious
Check out the Race Curious page for more information about the program!