Join us for our next ride July 10th
Hosted by Trail Head Cyclery
Join us for an awesome, no-drop mountain bike ride at Soquel Demonstration Forest with great support from Trail Head Cyclery. Thanks to the generous folks at Trail Head, we have a unique opportunity to start our ride at Demonstration Forest, and enjoy a tailgate following.
Important Details About Demonstration (a.k.a. Demo) Forest - Please read!:
- Demo is remote and can be hot. There are no facilities (unless you count a lone porta potty.) You’ll need to bring your own mountain bike, plenty of water and all riding essentials.
- All the flat, level space at Demo is used for parking/driving. Since there is no area suitable for a New Rider clinic, we must omit the New Rider level this month and plan to resume in August.
- Also, single-track at Demo is not suited to Beginners: Beginner options will be on fire roads, out-and-back, with gradual extended climbs.
- Intermediate through Advanced ride levels all include steep climbing.
- For more on skill levels, ride length and technical notes, see our Ride Levels page.
For this ride, we’ll follow our usual format, gathering at 9 am, have 9:30 announcements, then break into smaller groups by ride levels and roll out to the trails by 10am.
Need a bike?
You can rent one of Trail Head’s amazing fleet of 50 high-end demo bikes by the night. Should you decide to buy a bike, Trail Head Cyclery applies your demo dollars towards the bike you choose. Girls Rock Riders are invited to rent from the THC fleet and save $25 with the promo code: GirlsRock! Visit their website to BOOK NOW. You can pick up your bike from their store in San Jose Saturday and return it Sunday before 6 pm.
About Trail Head Cyclery
Trail Head’s owner, Lars Thomsen, grew up riding mountain bikes in the Santa Cruz mountains. When he established Trail Head Cyclery in 1997, he decided to focus first on mountain bike repairs, second on small parts and gear -- and last on selling complete mountain bikes. To this day, THC is known for being a full-service shop with ample inventory. In some circles, they are almost as well known for NOT carrying any road bikes. If you like to ride mountain bikes, this is a shop worth supporting. Primary lines include Yeti, Specialized, Giant/Liv, Ibis and Electra.
July Ride Schedule:
- 9:00 am – RIDE GUIDE MEETING for leads and sweeps
- 9:00 - 9:30 am – Participant arrival
- 9:30 am – Presentations, announcements and raffle!
- 10:00 - 10:15 am – Roll out to the trails
- 1:00 - 3:00 pm – Post-ride tailgate at Demo! With King Taco and tasty brews courtesy of Trail Head. Awesome!
Soquel Demonstration Forest
29400 Highland Way, Los Gatos, CA 95033
Do not leave valuables in your vehicle. There are regular break-ins here. If you have good clearance or 4W, feel free to cross the bridge, go up the steep drive and park in the dirt lot. If not, park where you first see other parked cars. Ride your bike across the bridge and up the drive to meet us.
Please check our Facebook page for ride-day updates: In the unlikely event of rain cancellation, we hope to see you in August for our next ride. See our event calendar for more upcoming events and opportunities to ride bikes locally with other women.