Want to be a voice for women's mountain biking? Join our Marketing & Communications team!
WHAT does a marketing & communications volunteer do?
WHEN/WHERE: With the exception of event day photography, all marketing and communications volunteers can work remotely. When you will be called upon depends largely on which aspect you are volunteering with.
Marketing & Communications is an umbrella term for
- Content Development
- Social media
We have several areas of focus for content:
- Blogs & Social Media
- Website updates
- Email invitations and other content development for special events and programs e.g. Race Curious
- Guide communications - events, communicating with the guides.
We have two team members who have been helping with design elements for our events. We could use 1 or 2 more. There will be times that there will be a lot to do but this is mostly a low volume commitment.
- General information updates, such as for future events
- Housekeeping e.g. removing outdated information
- We are in search of 2-3 photographers to take photos at the events. You wouldn't need to be at every event, but a commitment to 4 events in each calendar year is preferred
- We also need someone to help manage the photo assets. We have them organized on Box, we are looking for someone to take this over.
- Photo curation and editing: after each ride or event, we need someone who will be able to select the best and do some light editing/enhancements with the intention of posting an album to Facebook
- We are looking for 2-3 ladies who have a background in social media or great interest in it, and are willing to participate as part of a team to collaborate and schedule content for our Facebook and Instagram accounts.
IS THIS RIGHT FOR ME? If you are interested in helping Girls Rock connect with our riders and reaching out to those who haven't ridden with us yet, then yes! If you don't have much experience or qualifications, don't be shy. As long as you have a heart to learn and be a team player, we'd love to hear from you.
Besides the joy of helping get more women on bikes, we have been able to secure some great discounts for our guides as a part of the big THANK YOU for volunteering your time to be a part of the volunteer tribe that keeps this program afloat! Please be sure to ask about what is available once you get onboard as a volunteer!
Send us a note!
We will get back to you within a week. We are all volunteers so sometimes the work/volunteerism balance is a tough one but we promise we will get back to you as quickly as we can!!