March showers bring lovely April flowers -- not to mention HERO DIRT for mountain bikers! For April's ride, our newest partner, Patagonia, will be hosting us at their outlet in Santa Cruz!! We are super-stoked to join them for the first time.
Try Something, Buy Something
Got energy to burn? Patagonia Outlet hosts a Saturday Fun Run (~3 flat miles) leaving at 8 am from the store. We all know running is the fast track to fitness, and you’ll be back in time for the ride, so … Make it a duathalon!
Whether you are a runner or not, arrive early and stick around: There’s a fresh line of women’s mountain bike clothing to check out, and Patagonia Provisions is coming to the party! Patagonia will offer in-store coupons. And with spring arrivals and a shop already chock-full of great buys, you’re sure to find something you need at a great price.
Riding from Patagonia: What to expect
Sorry, no demo bikes. Please come equipped with a working bike, shoes, helmet, hydration pack and basics like a spare tube, tire levers, hand pump and multi-tool. We’ll be closest to Emma McCrary Trailhead (Pogonip), from which you can also access UCSC and Wilder.
- 9:00 am – Arrival, fuel & mingling and Ride Guide meeting. Be green & bring your own travel mug!
- 9:30 am – Presentations, Announcements
- 9:45 am – Raffle! With prizes from our partners Camelbak, Fox and of course, the good folk of Patagonia.
- 10:00 - 10:15 am – Roll out to the trails
- 12:00 - 2:00pm – Join us post-ride back at Patagonia and let the feasting and shopping begin!
Location & Parking:
We'll meet at Patagonia and ride from the store. There is limited lot parking, but also free street parking on Potrero and Amat behind the store. You are encouraged to carpool. Bike parking will be available by the shop, but be security-minded: Leave valuables at home, not in your car.