Girls Rock Ride on March 11th – All Levels Welcome!
Hosted by Bell Joy Ride & Ibis Cycles
Ok, let's cross our fingers! Think HERO DIRT, and let the universe know we are ready to ride! Please join us Saturday March 11 for a no-drop mountain bike ride with the Bell Joy Ride ambassadors – a program inspired by our very own Girls Rock group. Ibis Cycles will be hosting us for an inspiring day for all levels of riders. And with any luck, we'll get out on the trails again!
We’ll follow our usual format, breaking into groups by ride level and riding to surrounding trailheads, including UCSC bike path, Wilder and Emma McCrary. For info on ride levels, see our Ride Levels page.
Bell’s ambassadors will join us: The Joy Ride program is designed to replicate and promote the Girls Rock concept of casual women’s mountain bike rides. Learn more about Joy Ride. Thanks to Ibis, who will be hosting us for this special day. Bell will provide a pre-ride breakfast and will give away some awesome Joy Ride swag. Clif Bar will provide delicious pre-ride nutrition and CamelBak will offer raffle prizes as well. After the ride, come back to Ibis for post-ride beer, cider and snacks provided by Bell, as well as no-host noshes.
We'll roll out to the trails by 10am, where you can expect between 2-4 hours of shred time depending on your Ride Level (see our Ride Levels page for details on mileage, skill, etc.). Earn your calories, then regroup back at Ibis HQ for post-ride beer, snacks and fun!
(at the intersection of Natural Bridges. Same building as Santa Cruz Nutritionals & Threshold)
- 9:00 am – Arrival, demo check-outs, fuel & mingling
- 9:30 am – RIDE GUIDE MEETING for leads and sweeps
- 9:45 am – Presentations, announcement and raffle!
- 10:00 - 10:15 am – Roll out to the trails
- 12:00 - 2:00 pm – Join us post-ride back at Ibis HQ
- If the skies are clear but the ground is soaked, we’ll redirect our ride to asphalt. Bring a road bike if you have one -- or ride your knobbies.
- If it is raining, the fun will go on! We’ll host indoor edutainment activities designed to help you feel more comfortable out on the trails. Please stay tuned for details and watch the weather the week of the ride.
- Off-street vehicle parking is available in the parking lot in front of Ibis.
- As for bikes, if you must leave yours unsupervised before or after the ride, secure it inside your vehicle, use a high-quality lock, or bring it inside the Ibis warehouse.
We can always use help guiding! Are you interested in leading or sweeping this or future Girls Rock rides? Sign up for our guide email list! (Look for the sign-up at bottom-right.) Once signed up, you will receive a separate email communication regarding guiding.
Learn more about our partners for this ride here:
Looking for your next ride?
Check with your local Ibis dealers for demo options and for future purchase when you are ready to buy!
Santa Cruz: Spokesman
San Jose Trail Head
Peninsula, East, North