Join us for some head-to-toe fun for our next ride on May 15th! – All Levels!
Hosted by Epicenter Cycling
Calling female riders of all levels to join us for a fun, casual ride, leaving from Epicenter Cycling on Mission St., Santa Cruz. Arrive by 9 for coffee and mingling, followed by announcements, awesome deals and giveaways!
We’ll follow our usual format, breaking into smaller groups by level and rolling out to Wilder Ranch trails by 10 am. For more on skill levels, ride length and technical challenges, see our Riding Levels page.
Epicenter will offer the following exclusive ride-day deals, especially for Girls Rock riders:
- Trade in your old helmet for 30% off a new one. If you have had your helmet for more than 3 – 4 years, it’s time to upgrade your protective gear!
- 25% off pedals and shoes
- On top of that, Epicenter will kick in some great raffle items
- Bell Helmets will be on hand to show off its women’s Joy Ride products and raffle off some sweet schwag
- Five Ten shoes and HT Components will be there to show off their awesome pedals and shoes
- There IS such a thing as a free lunch! Epicenter will host a post-ride nosh, featuring build-your-own sandwiches, an all-organic spread from New Leaf with GF and regular bread and FREE BEER! from Discretion Brewery.
Krista Gray, IMBA Level 2 Certified Instructor, will offer a Beginners Basic Mountain Biking Skills Clinic & Ride for the first 10 women to RSVP. A suggested donation of $10-50 (please bring cash payment) for the coaching session can be made on the day of the ride.
Krista will go over basic skills, including:
• Neutral and ready position
• Front and back bike/body position for climbing and descending
• Side to side bike/body separation for maintaining balance in a straight line AND
***Climbing steep hills ***
The skills group will begin the ride at Epicenter Cycling and ride to Wilder Ranch. When we approach the "dreaded fireroad climbs" we will stop and learn how to climb efficiently.
Once in the park will enjoy a relaxed paced ride, work on basic skills, and session sections.
Ride Day Details:
We'll roll out to the trails by 10am, where you can expect between 2-4 hours of shred time depending on your Ride Level. For more on skill levels, ride length and technical challenges, see our Riding Levels page.
Please check our Facebook page for ride-day updates. In the event of rain cancellation, we hope to see you in June for our next ride. See our calendar for more upcoming events and opportunities to ride bikes locally with other women.
8:45 am – RIDE GUIDE MEETING for leads and sweeps
9:00 am – Arrival, demo check-outs, fuel, mingling
9:30 am – Presentations, announcements and raffle!
10:00 - 10:15 am – Roll out to the trails
1:00 - 3:00 pm – Join us post-ride back at Epicenter for a hosted lunch and beer, and cash in on your exclusive ride-day discounts!
1730 Mission St, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Space in Epicenter’s lot will be limited due to the size of our event, so please use nearby un-metered street parking.
Learn more about our host and supporters: